You are now in beautiful Santorini, Greece where driving regulations might be different from your country. Find here all the necessary information before renting a car, a bike or an ATV from Pyrgos Rent A Car agency and start driving around the roads of Santorini!
Everything you need to know before rent a car:
- You must be at least 23 years old to rent a car and drive in Greece.
- You must obtain a valid driving licence from the EU or your country of origin at least 2 years before rental date and valid during the tenancy.
- Driving in Greece is on the right.
- You are always to give way to the vehicles coming from your right side (unless signs indicate not to)
- You must have your seat belt on both in the front and back seats.
- You must always wear your helmet while riding a motorcycle or an ATV.
- You are not allowed to use your mobile phone while driving.
- There are public parking spaces all around Santorini’s main villages and sites. It is advisable that you park your car there, instead of on the side of the road.
- You will find gas stations at the villages of Pyrgos, Fira, Karterados, Emporio, Imerovigli located on the main roads.
- Gas Stations (most of them) accept only cash payment, and they are not self service.